Naturist Land Trusts - Is There A Lawyer in the house?

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Naturist Land Trusts - Is There A Lawyer in the house?

Postby baresoul » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Baresoul,

I felt a cold coming on: stiff achy neck, tonsils puffing up a bit, sinus drip and went into a sauna for several good long sessions (with cool-down time in between).
The next morning, all symptoms were gone!
A friend told me that this sauna visit had created an artificial fever and destroyed the cold virus before it had a toehold on me and I believe she was right.
I don't recommend it once you have a fever, but when symptoms first start, you might have a chance to nip it in the bud.

Some of my ancestors come from Finland and through the ages, they picked up some good know-how which we sophisticated modern folks would do well to listen to.

I can see this and would agree, if the body can be warm enough it can kill cold viruses. I found my problem that I have, with my lungs, even when cold viruses are all killed off, will have me still coughing often, continuously.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 pm

We can learn much from the “old ways.” Modern medicine(still called practice for good reason, I believe) can learn a lot from those old remedies.

I deliberately point to the use of term practice for a reason. My daughter has suffered a number of years now with an undetermined condition which affects her right shoulder. She’s gone through x-rays, MRIs, physical therapy, pain management and self-medication (unprescribed drugs from “friends”) without relief. Because her employment history has been spotty and in minimum wage positions she’s not had great, if any, employer provided health insurance and, therefore hasn’t gotten effective treatment. Recently she was referred to a surgeon for evaluation who advised her the problem is within her vertabrae in her neck. The solution, according to what she stated he told her is surgery where he will enter her neck from the side, burn nerve endings, and place a plate on her spine in the affected area.

The reason I again say practice is because she has repeatedly been told the problem is in her shoulder and received physical therapy for the shoulder even when the therapists stated it was not the source of her problem and might cause further damage. However, they stated it was what they were instructed to treat and would not go against the doctor’s orders. I’m not sure I have a great deal of faith in much of the medical industry as a result.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Jim, you are so right! Doctors fresh out of med school have a lot of the latest diagnostic tools, but are still learning how to see the "big picture", listen carefully to their patient, trace a problem down to the root cause and let the body heal itself with minimal intervention, only as needed.
A second opinion is always wise.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to What is nudism / naturism?