At Last

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: At Last

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 am

Petros wrote:Aching - after moving in the laundry equipment - still praising the journey has begun. And we are very glad of it.

Laundry equipment could consist of:
a bar of lye soap - supplied by nature (rendered lard and wood ashes)
#2 washtub (Ace Hardware)
a sack of clothes pins supplied by nature (wood from nearby trees and carved with a pocket knife).
a long cord - supplied by nature (cotton or hemp rope)
Many gallons of water (supplied by nature)
two trees (supplied by nature)
sunshine (supplied by nature)
nature (supplied by God)
Except for the rain, sunshine and trees, the rest of this type of laundry equipment is fairly portable as one moves from house to house.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:14 am

We are talking a bulky mostly metal machine currently not functioning - repairman due today,
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:05 am

Petros wrote:We are talking a bulky mostly metal machine currently not functioning - repairman due today,

I am not opposed to washing machine repair and that might be the sensible choice in this case, but we have a scrap metal facility about 4 miles from here that weighs your truck going in (with washing machine) and weighs your truck going out (without washing machine) and pays you for the difference in price of the scrap metal.

We also have a used appliance store that sells working washers and dryers for a fraction of the cost of new.

I am on a beans and cornbread diet and currently take my washing out.
When my washer rusted the laundry and turned every pair of underpants pink, I had had enough!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 am

Well, yes - I quite understand. This needed a new control unit; after the repair the two now functioning items add up to less than the price of one of them new.

Beans and cornbread? into fiber much, are we?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:35 am

Petros wrote:Well, yes - I quite understand. This needed a new control unit; after the repair the two now functioning items add up to less than the price of one of them new.

Beans and cornbread? into fiber much, are we?

Very much into fiber! I also enjoy fresh collard greens, but it is still a bit early in the season to harvest.
Perhaps in another month, I'll have a steaming bowl of greens swimming in pot likker and a smoked hock or two for flavor.
We are still getting Malabar spinach ( a heat-tolerant leafy vine that has tasty leaves), and Kentucky Wonder Pole beans are still producing, so no need for dried beans as of yet.
Beans (or any legume) and hominy cornbread make a complete protein and of course good cornbread is made with egg and buttermilk, so add that protein in too.
Late next month and into early October will come the apple harvest.
Wherever apple trees grow, there you will find me.

Still praying about your work situation.
In this day of global telecommunication, you might be able to practice your trade from a cabin deep in the north woods.
(or learn to get real good at splitting firewood to sell in expensive little bundles to the tourists who rent cabins nearby).
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Ramblinman, I very much like your diet. I’ll also include turnip greens, mustard, and yes, fresh beans and cornbread. I’m not really a fan of dried beans most of the time.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:05 am

How long has it been since hominy passed my lips? And a variety of greens. Next year gardening will start here - with leaving and camping there has been a hiatus.

I'm already e-commuting - our team has been spread California to Texas to the UP.

It MAY shift me to doing much the same with East Africa and Eurasia.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:41 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Ramblinman, I very much like your diet. I’ll also include turnip greens, mustard, and yes, fresh beans and cornbread. I’m not really a fan of dried beans most of the time.

Jim

Jim,
There's a guy who lives in Las Vegas named John Kohler who hosts a Youtube Channel and web site: GrowingYourGreens.com
He had major health problems until he began including green vegetables and fruits in a meaningful way into his diet.
If you can grow a patch of them yourself, that is great. Otherwise find someone who can grow them for you (without the chemical sprays).
I find dried beans hard to digest, even after cooking!
I hear that Beano brand enzymes help, but have not tried the stuff.
Rather than cooking dried beans right away, if you soak beans overnight and drain off the soaking water, that helps digestion some.
I try not to eat a big bowl of beans right before bed time. More of a lunchtime thing when I can properly digest the stuff.
Otherwise, I might dream that I am a hot air balloon floating over the city. :)
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks for the information Ramblinman. My dislike for dried beans/peas is based primarily on taste. I just prefer them fresh from the garden.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Praise