What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Avatar

Postby jochanaan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:39 pm

We're accumulating enough condiments on this strip to fill a mint! :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jude700 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm

jochanaan wrote:We're accumulating enough condiments on this strip to fill a mint! :lol:

Is the shining wire in a bulb or a tube :?:

:duh:

:argh:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Well I went through many of my images, trying a number of them that I hoped would be few enough pixels, but those with the least were still too many pixels to be an avatar I can use here. Forget about it being an image of me, that won't work. So I finally took an image from the gallery for it, I don't find there is any other way for me to have an avatar on here. But nothing from those reflect unique me so well as any of the ones I was trying for it.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

baresoul wrote:Well I went through many of my images, trying a number of them that I hoped would be few enough pixels, but those with the least were still too many pixels to be an avatar I can use here. Forget about it being an image of me, that won't work. So I finally took an image from the gallery for it, I don't find there is any other way for me to have an avatar on here. But nothing from those reflect unique me so well as any of the ones I was trying for it.

baresoul, you can resize any photo on your computer using MS Paint (Windows) or Preview (Mac). A simple Google search will tell you how. Just make sure you create a copy of what you want to resize before you start resizing!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Maverick wrote:
baresoul wrote:Well I went through many of my images, trying a number of them that I hoped would be few enough pixels, but those with the least were still too many pixels to be an avatar I can use here. Forget about it being an image of me, that won't work. So I finally took an image from the gallery for it, I don't find there is any other way for me to have an avatar on here. But nothing from those reflect unique me so well as any of the ones I was trying for it.

baresoul, you can resize any photo on your computer using MS Paint (Windows) or Preview (Mac). A simple Google search will tell you how. Just make sure you create a copy of what you want to resize before you start resizing!

No, I cannot. I don't come to this with access to a computer, so I use a cellphone. I have images with it. I used to use a shared computer at a local library with coming to naturist communication. Then filters were put up, that did not permit access to anything with naturism mentioned, even that which is Christian, and even that for sites with no images. So it left me using phone access, though I hadn't planned to need my phone for that.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 pm

baresoul wrote:I don't come to this with access to a computer, so I use a cellphone. I have images with it.

I'm sure there's an app for that!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Responding to baresoul » 21 Sep 2018 20:00 >>>>

No, I cannot. I don't come to this with access to a computer, so I use a cellphone. I have images with it. I used to use a shared computer at a local library with coming to naturist communication. Then filters were put up, that did not permit access to anything with naturism mentioned, even that which is Christian, and even that for sites with no images. So it left me using phone access, though I hadn't planned to need my phone for that.

Used to have the same problems with VA clinics/HOSPITALS and other locations until visited & talked with the ITs and others in control. One administrator removed the WIFI, but left the internet. Often try to get to these locations a little early and plant myself near an outlet and tune in. Last visit was Thursday & Friday with VA community Chiropractor. She was shown my burnt feet photos on another (N_C) site. All one needs to do sometimes is ask. Even have access in religious facilities that have PC access. :like: All one needs to do sometimes is ask. :like: :pray: :pray: :afraid: :pray:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:11 pm

jude700 wrote:Responding to baresoul » 21 Sep 2018 20:00 >>>>

Used to have the same problems with VA clinics/HOSPITALS and other locations until visited & talked with the ITs and others in control. One administrator removed the WIFI, but left the internet. Often try to get to these locations a little early and plant myself near an outlet and tune in. Last visit was Thursday & Friday with VA community Chiropractor. She was shown my burnt feet photos on another (N_C) site. All one needs to do sometimes is ask. Even have access in religious facilities that have PC access. :like: All one needs to do sometimes is ask. :like: :pray: :pray: :afraid: :pray:

It was about the first thing I did, going to the administration when I just saw I did not have the access. I had the idea that a library can't legally censor and should honor patrons' request to seeing material there, if on internet as well. I was told it was not part of the county library, it was a Carnegie library, and independent, for that they did not have to honor the request, and since it was a bother to put the filters down, they would not do that.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 am

The customer is always right - which says nothing about administrative response.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:40 am

Linguistic gymnastics?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:12 am

The gymnastics come in as they explain their policies.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:45 am

Baresoul,

If you have an image you would prefer to use, just attach it to one of your posts in this thread and I can resize it to make it fit for you.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby baresoul » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:36 pm

natman wrote:Baresoul,

If you have an image you would prefer to use, just attach it to one of your posts in this thread and I can resize it to make it fit for you.

Thanks. There are a few images I might choose to use, that I think are preferable. One that I use with the other forum I am on is from an old photo of me, nude. I am not sure it will go with this forum. I like this illustration and do think this would be acceptable. If it is, it would have to be a section selected, so I would prefer the three in the middle to have fitting in the avetar, if it is possible.
Attachments
1-opSSLuDtPHoc0hXQ0k3l-g.jpeg
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm

I scrunched it up a bit.

What do you think?

5to1Group.jpg

or

2to1.jpg
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby baresoul » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm

I like the way they turned out, Nathan, thanks. I will try out the way you have the six together, if I can have it work soon, when I can. It can otherwise be the other one, it will be fine.

Edit: I tried with both, but both were with too many pixels.
baresoul
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Questions about this website