Wife's COPD & Treatment and a family in law problems

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Wife's COPD & Treatment and a family in law problems

Postby jude700 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 am

:pray:

Pray for Sandy's COPD, stress, treatment and getting in tune with her pacemaker and drugs.

For a family with in-law problems: daughter now 18 months, was taken from father when month old by mother and MIL. Father now has daughter on week-ends and also takes care of FIL.

My children and their mother may return to the practice of the Church, as well as some of my brothers & sisters.

:pray:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Re: Wife's COPD & Treatment and a family in law problems

Postby Petros » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am

Praying.

I am reminded of a dear friend who for decades bitterly renounced the church, but returned to Rome some years before her departure. Gratifying to me and her daughter.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Wife's COPD & Treatment and a family in law problems

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 am

I did not know what COPD is.
Having been invited to pray about Sandy's condition, I went to WebMD.com, where I found plenty of explanation and practical suggestions for making the best of things.
But they failed to suggest turning to the Great Physician, which seems priority #1 to me.

Church is what you make of it. If you go there with a contrite heart, you may hear from the Lord through the music, words of the pastor or even sage advise from a trusted friend.

The Church is not without problems of its own. Someone compared it to a hospital with people in varying states of illness as well as strong wise healers in their midst.
Sometimes I feel moved to pray for the Church and my own congregation specifically.
A hospital that doesn't mop floors and change the bed linens becomes a dangerous place.
But at least at my place of worship, it permits growth and interaction in a way that I don't find elsewhere, not to mention the sacraments.
But it is no substitute for my prayer closet at home, my time in the Bible.
I compare it to asking a man sitting on a three-legged stool, "I need a leg of your stool to help build the fire in the fireplace. Which leg may I saw off?"
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer