Prayer for my son

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Prayer for my son

Postby Englishman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:39 am

Mate, every post you put up about this wrings my heart. Your lad has some deep & serious issues; not that you need me to tell you that... I will continue to pray for you & the rest of the family.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:15 am

Thank you for all the prayers!!

He was brought home by a sheriff’s deputy last night around 8pm. The officer told him that if he did this again the judge would have him fit with an ankle monitor. He was being belligerent and threatening. He finally went to his room and went to sleep. One of his therapists will be here today to work with him.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:00 am

We keep praying. A good friend and colleague has a teen son - who seems to have been giving similar anxiety.

Trust.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:36 pm

It is time for an update:
I wish it could be a good one for a change...
My son spent a month in big boy jail for misdemeanor theft by taking due to the proximity of his 18th birthday in April. He has been on probation since Dec. 12th. He receive a letter from the probation officer on February 11th stating he is in violation of his probation agreement, a warrant has been issued, and that he had 10 days to appear or the agreement would be void. He told me on the afternoon of the 14th he was heading to the probation office. My wife and I have not seen him since. The probation officer has not seen nor heard from him. He called my wife Tuesday she told him he need to come home. He said he would be home that night. He has blocked us on all social media. He has dug himself into a bigger hole than if he had just reported.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:49 pm

RM, I’m sure this is tearing you and your wife apart but it appears your son doesn’t want your help. It’s time, in my opinion, to let him face the consequences of his decisions.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks for the update & I do mean that. We have a clearer idea of what is going on; even though the news is not good. Corrie Ten Boom who was in Ravensbruck Concentration Camp (I think) because her family hid Jews from the Nazis, famously said, "There is no hole so deep that God is not deeper still."

Your boy's situation only appears hopeless in human terms; I will continue to pray.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Thank you everyone!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 am

Keep focussed. I will not claim to know what you are going through much less the outcomes - Still I've seen similar and it is not easy.

Cling to "there but for the grace of God..." Beyond what we see, God has a plan and a purpose
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Prayer