Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I am an introvert.
86%
I am an extrovert.
14%

Total votes : 22

Re: Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Postby naturist » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:07 pm

I find it interesting that 84% (at this point) of us are introverts. I consider myself one also, but I'm finding myself more outgoing when I'm with other naturists at a resort. I guess one factor is that we're a friendly bunch and it is easier to start up conversations. :)
naturist
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 am

Bobby wrote:Introversion means preferring to recharge your batteries in solitude and finding large groups of people tiring. Extroverts are energised by large groups of people and do not really like being alone.

An interesting definition. I've always considered myself an introvert, due to the fact that I am more comfortable with interacting with a very small group of people, say 2 or 3. I get lost in a large crowd and tend to feel I've become invisible to bigger groups of people (at least while dressed).

**UNUSUAL SURPRISE...** I just realized I had already commented on this strip nearly 4 years ago. My first comment (on page 2) sums up what I wish I had thought to convey this time around.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 am

naturist wrote:I find it interesting that 84% (at this point) of us are introverts. I consider myself one also, but I'm finding myself more outgoing when I'm with other naturists at a resort. I guess one factor is that we're a friendly bunch and it is easier to start up conversations. :)

Intro/extroversion and friendly/unfriendly are different planes. We tend to think of my extrovert best friend with frequent thronged parties as "friendlier" than I am with my "two's company, seven is a strain" rule. But did she really have more deep friends than I have?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am

There is a general assumption in society that we Extros have many acquaintances but few friends with opposite being true of Intros; without some slightly odd numbercrunching & arguing over the definition of friendship we're using, we may never know & I'm not sure that's a bad thing. As Petros said, sort of, the nature of friendship crosses, flies over, dives under & barges through the Intro/Extro paradigm; again, no bad thing.

I have friends from across this spectrum who know stuff about me I had once planned taking to my grave. The nature of true friendship is that it ignores false divisions & relishes the individual for their own sake. My Extroness is only a part of who I am, not the whole shebang.

Of course, as a Christian, one is expected & required by scripture to welcome all & sundry into the Church; I've sat next to people from vastly different backgrounds; it's part of the fun of being a Christian!
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 pm

There is no question, in my case I could not be considered an extrovert however I tried to be like that, whichever way the distinction is defined. If I was among any three of us meeting, the other two would probably talk more than I would manage doing, unless they both were courteous and wanted to hear me speaking about something. I am subdued among others talking, and it is more challenging to speak up among them. I am not at all antisocial, and would not be thought to be so. I am indepently thinking enough, and I can choose differently with things thought out, such as being Christian with being nudist, as other introverts here show themselves so independently minded. And I don't stop there, much more is carefully thought out, to live differently, in what would be better ways. But in speaking one on one with any, I can be just as engaging, and continue at length that way. But unlike extroverts, I can generally be quite comfortable being alone by myself. I can use such time very creatively.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 am

It's odd, but both can pop out in the same family. I remember my sister as being drawn to people, she'd run up to total strangers and start a conversation. But I was super shy from early as I remember. As for starting a conversation forget it, although I can manage to now if I think it appropriate and do it intentionally. Words come slower to my mind than speaking, typing them gives me time for them to come out. She was taken to save her for God's realm when 10 years old, so there's no further development on earth to find out what she would have grown to be. I found myself to be uncomfortable in groups of people, stay on the fringes or just leave depending on the situation. Very much at ease alone, work alone for long periods of time. But also enjoy social time at times, camping, resort visit, small group association. But I like positive attitudes. Someone comes around with a negative attitude about things and it's hard to endure, can't wait for them to go away. My cousin (by marriage so not actually related) who lives in an RV on our land is like that, always seems to look at things from the negative side. It's actually been proven to have bad effect on our physical health. I put up with it but it's hard sometimes. I do not like parties, feel completely out of place at them, but if I meet someone who I can have an intelligent conversation with and who has a lot of education packed away, that I like and can identify with. When I was 13 and on, all the other young people I had any contact with were interested in nothing but games and social relations, my friends ended up being older men who were into things such as electronic and radio technology or mechanical technology which were my consuming interests. But life took me into forest work and gardening, since I'd practically grown up in the garden it was natural. My grandmother was a nurse under Dr Kellogg, a famous surgeon and natural remedy physician in his time. (Late 1800's into early 1900's) So my mother had what she gained from her, and then we ran into Alvar Wolfsen in about 1979, and followed him all over the place every chance we got till he died. He'd been a natural healing medical missionary, had run a small sanitarium in CA in the 50's and then sailed the pacific in his own sail boat and treated islanders for whatever disease or injury they had. Oh the interesting stories he told. He was in direct communication with God and would ask God what to do for someone when he didn't know, got plenty of answers. So studying natural healing was one of our pursuits. We also got into study of agriculture fertility management, and that ties right back into nutrition and natural healing. So as I get older I find myself gravitating back to agriculture for health, with the idea of using my technical developments as support. Besides the electronics education I gained from independent study. (basic radio electronics, not computers) I went into mechanics with the aid of a neighbor who had been a pro mechanic at a garage. Learned engine work from him. And then put together a small foundry and collected metal working machines. Use it to repair things and build things from scrap. So I have the capability to create all manner of machines from scratch, from steam engines to whatever. But it all takes a lot of time and I'm directing my work time to the most important things first, get agriculture going better on our land, aiming for a full time healthy food supply first. Once that's up and running I can perhaps take more time to play with making stuff out of metal and/or electronics for further service of the agriculture venture. And perhaps in time have such a setup that I could invite people in who need health improvement or disease riddance. Since the kind of food i want to grow will make excellent medicine to heal and cure whatever ails us. Not quite cure mortality, but next door to it perhaps. Since I've got substantial rumors of what it can do for us in extreme health, vitality, extreme physical endurance and perhaps doubling life expectancy or better. Actually far greater potential results than most anyone is able to understand. Based on only a few examples of men who have had some experience, either accidentally or on purpose.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 am

I remember my sister as being drawn to people, she'd run up to total strangers and start a conversation. But I was super shy from early as I remember.

That is Herself and her older sister, and me and my younger sister. The two of us are the introverts, both most so in our families.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?