Reason enough

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Reason enough

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:52 am

With house sharing followed by moving - still not fully unpacked followed by visitors and invitations, followed by the cooling of the season a lot of the Midwest down to Texas has felt a cold snap - one might think I would not be thinking about nudity much.

Not so. The more I can't effectively be nude - the more aware of it, focussed on it I am. This morning - heat down for the night - I sit at my computer in my 59 degree office, wrapped in my warm robe - and wishing I could be nude under it. Very aware of the bundled body.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Reason enough

Postby jdb » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:45 pm

I am not far from San Antonio, Texas, business in Natalia, SSW of SA and home in Bandera, west of SA It froze in Natalia 50 miles south of Bandera for around 5 hours.
I bundled my everthing...... too cold !!!! Sun shinning, its clear so it will be cold tonight again. Im going to see if I can get my heater lit.

John
jdb
Resident

Location: Natalia, Texas, SW of San Antonio on the way to Laredo

Postby natman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:22 pm

It is supposed to be in the 70s this Saturday. My wife told me today that we WILL be laying out in the sun for a while. She thinks I am suffering from some sever SADS, Vitamin-D deficiency.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Englishman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:20 am

We're starting the cold & wet dull grey days over here. Like you, Petros, I am missing the simple joy of being naked. I tend to remain unclothed for as long as possible in the mornings but, in the end, one just has to open the wardrobe... I have been able to do some work around the house sans raiment but not when the builders, plumber & sparks have been in!

The dull days & leaden skies do affect my mood; learning how to tackle that has been somewhat hit & miss. I've settled on playing Christian worship music in the background, praying in tongues & visiting the gym. These are not a panacea but, on the whole, they work for me. :D
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 am

Ah, yes, the workers! In our case, as we get the new house tuned to suit us and tune ourselves to suit it, work is being done by Herself's cousin - nice chap and good at what he does, you should see our new stairs! - who on the unpredictable days he can work here arrives while she is stull in bed and I am not quite ready for my business dfay to begin.

I remember my UK days very well - my young Californian associate had one of the worst SAD attacks ever and had to flee home.

Well, under the layers I AM nude.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:26 pm

I don’t keep my house cold in the winter, its worth the money to keep the house temp nude friendly. Even so I wear an open robe in the morning generally. I still feel nude, but the robe helps keep the chill off. Now, if you think this doesn’t qualify as being nude, try this when you have non nudist company over and you walk around in front of them without closing the robe. :lol:
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:35 am

Well said Larry. I too enjoy wearing an open robe when it’s just a bit too cool to go fully nude, such as when I took the last of the trash and recyclables to the curb this morning before driving my daughter to work still dressed only in my open robe.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:24 pm

I may have a very personal advantage here; I don't feel the cold. Over the years I have often been asked, "Aren't you cold?" The honest answer is, "No." It's just the way I'm made.

Having said that, there was a time when summer caused me to wilt & avoid getting into the sun. That doesn't happen now. In fact, I vaguely recall reading something on CNV wherein someone said that the more time one spent naked seemed to create a greater tolerance for both the warmth & the cold. No idea if there's any science behind but based on an anecdotal survey of one person, it seems to make sense.
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 pm

For me it is not the time spent naked that gives me more tolerance to the cold, but rather being naked gives the same sensation to all my skin. What makes me feel cold the quickest is differential temperatures from one part of the body to the next. I have heard the same sensation is experienced by other people too.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?