What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 am

Great job RM. I used to have s terry wrap which I wore around the family (wife, daughter, and granddaughter) but it disappeared. I now simply wear shorts and at night my robe in heir presence. Though your daughter rolled her eyes when you said you’d be painting nude it’s good she joined you in first priming and then painting the room.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

It has been a while......

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:02 am

My posta of late have been a bit sparse but that has been due to THINGS BEING A BIT HECTIC. I kina missed out on nude gardening day observance but time chance and circumstance have not been particularly kind to me of late. Doctors appointments associated with cancer treatment and health problems with that have been a burden
a broken windshield on our new car turned to cost in excess of $ !200 - much of that cost arising from the recalibration of all the new safety sensors that they are putting cars of late because of all the connections to the windshield mounted sensors that are used. and just the recalibration of those cost about $360 on top of a similar cost for just the piece of glass. My Rav 4 toyota seems to take many more windshield hits due to the streamlining not carrying small stones clear of the windshild and almost all of thos have occurred while driving on the interstate. On the cancer treatments the doctor says if I can get 3 consecutive checkups with no PSA or other indications of cancer growth we can start talking in terms of having cured it and so far I have two. Then maybe we can cut back on the treatments which only seem to be a soruce of symptoms. The medication has made most foods tast wrong (i.e. BAD) and cause other problems( e.g. Muscle weakness) But I am hoping more sun exposure will help. The midwest weather has been a bane as well !

I did manage to get preplanting cultivation done and finally got my garden planting underway and had some nice weather for planting sweet potatoes most of which I got done before the rain poured down on me again.

The most inconvenient problem has been the muscle weakness which appears to be due to the cancer medication and it has affected my ability to do the sort of 'squat labor' that is so common to garden planting. My tractor mounted 5 foot wide rotary tiller has been the mainstay of my garden prep work My sweet potato planting should give me aboutabout 50 or more plants which have been yielding around 4 lbs of tubers per plant in recent years so I should have plenty to contribute to the local food bank if the harvest is good. I have been able to them about half the crop and had plenty left over for ourselves. for the year.

The sizeable garden provieds plenty of exercise which is therapeutic for the depradation caused by the cancer treatment and then there is the more sedentary exercise of walking my woodland trails, Hopefully I am getting a good balance of exercise and the sunshine is reputed to excellent and , particularly effective against the ravages of the cancer medication regimen. I am hoping to swithch over to a status of "clear of cancer" and just building my body back up But at least I am getting a goodly amount of nude time now that the weather is accomodating generous mounts of nude time.

I will be looking for opportunities for good Christian Naturist outings and fellowship, even if I have to host them myself.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 am

Bare_Truth, the news about two clear PSA readings is indeed good news. I’n Sorry the treatments have made you weak but glad you’re still able to tend your garden and walk your trails while getting much needed natural vitamin D.

The ladies (wife, daughter, and granddaughter left for two nights this afternoon and I immediately got naked and actually sunbathed for a while this afternoon before deciding to dress so I could go see a movie. I’m back home and fully nude once again before I go to sleep nude as usual. I’m looking forward to being naked and free again tomorrow as well as some part of Friday before the ladies return and I have to again don at least a pair of shorts to maintain the peace.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Bare_Truth, the news about two clear PSA readings is indeed good news. I’n Sorry the treatments have made you weak but glad you’re still able to tend your garden and walk your trails while getting much needed natural vitamin D.

............ Jim

Well I knew enough about cancer treatments to know that the side effects of the treatment is often the worst part, but I hand not previously realized the great variety of ill side effects there were. "The nothing tastes right ! ", one I knew about except I had not known it came is such a wide variety of YecccH many of which are just perversions of the taste the food is supposed to have. Of course it is all the worse in that my wife is such a superb chef particularly excelling excellingin pasteries and desserts and has spent the last 53 years spoiling me :wink: And it kinda of spoils eating out on Father's day this coming Sunday.

As for the weaking of leg muscles, it has also been accomodated by aching which feels like heavy fatigue, but at least I have a fix for that. It feels like ache from muscle fatigue so I thout it might respond to similar treatment and it does. I can't do a hot tub soak for fear I might not be able to get back up after laying down in the tub so I tried a really hot shower, (hot as I could stand it). It took away all the ache and some of the related symptoms too. I have been doing a lot ot those now. Maybe for Father's Day the wife and I just go check into some place that has Spa facilities with a hot tub :D :lol: ...........I am wondering if sweating the medication residues out isn't what is causing the improvement :duh: It wouldn't be the first time that the medicine proved to be as bad as the disease
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Lotsa great wisdom in your insights Bare_Truth.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:19 pm

I think everytime I am walking I am doing something natural, as I always stay barefoot when I do, and have done so for many years now. I know the best way to stay in good health, going barefoot so much is a part of that, but the most significant part is eating in by far the healthiest way, which saves lives, working to avoid and fight against having any of many serious diseases and health issues that are epidemic, and which most people try dealing with using medications, or getting treatments, like radiation or chemotherapy, or else get surgeries. I avoid animal products and processed foods, with a variety of plant-based food. www.forksoverknives.com
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Spent most of yesterday nude around the house, and even mowed the backyard au naturel. It was with great reluctance that I pulled my sweaty gym shorts back on in order to walk the mower back around front to the garage when I was finished. :)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:49 am

Maverick, it’s good to see you back on here after what seems quite a long absence. Glad you were able to spend most of Saturday nude around the house, including cutting the grass sans clothing. I know it had to be hard to Don the sweaty shorts just to put away the mower and hope you were able to discard them right away once the mower was out away. You didn’t!t say but were you home alone or have your parents and brother come to accept your desire to be nude when you can.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:04 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Maverick, it’s good to see you back on here after what seems quite a long absence. Glad you were able to spend most of Saturday nude around the house, including cutting the grass sans clothing. I know it had to be hard to Don the sweaty shorts just to put away the mower and hope you were able to discard them right away once the mower was out away. You didn’t!t say but were you home alone or have your parents and brother come to accept your desire to be nude when you can.

Jim

Hi Jim, thanks for the welcome back. Life's been busy (self-imposed busy-ness ;) ) but good, and I'm going to try to stay more consistently involved in the Village from here on out.

It was a somewhat rare Saturday that I was home alone. As afternoon waned and a storm was about to roll in, I looked outside and thought, "I should do my folks a favor and cut the grass before it rains!" So I did. :)

Not the first time I've cut the backyard nude (I think I've done that a couple times now), but the first time I really forgot that I was nude. I mean, it just wasn't relevant until I realized, "Oh shoot, I'd better but my shorts back on before I go around front!"

Once I lowered the garage door, I stripped off again and marched my sweaty self to the shower, then stayed clothesfree until my parents returned home.

My brother sort of knows that I like to be nude in private (and vice versa, to some extent--though he thinks the philosophy of naturism is "weird"). My parents know that I like to "air out" in my bedroom after a shower, and that I'll gladly cover up with a towel if they need/want to come in. I still haven't broached the subject of naturism with my parents, and as long as I'm living at home with them, I'll continue to honor their rules and "social mores". So far, this "unspoken arrangement" has worked out pretty well and they've been understanding. I'm very blessed in that regard. :)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 am

Maverick, glad to hear that the arrangement is working for you. At least you are able to find some time to be nude. :)
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm

naturist wrote:Maverick, glad to hear that the arrangement is working for you. At least you are able to find some time to be nude. :)

Thank you, naturist. :)

Did a nude workout yesterday. Switching over to 100% kettlebell and I'm feeling it!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism