Considering The Service

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Considering The Service

Postby NudeDude92 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Friends,

I'm asking for prayer. I'm in serious consideration of joining the USAF. Parents and wife both support it, but I don't want to make a hasty choice that I'll regret.

NudeDude92

What did you decide?

I tried to enlist in the Air Force after my first year of college, when I turned 18. The draft had just ended and the Vietnam War was over, so they were trying to push people out of the service at that moment in time.

One of my sons is in the Air Force. He has successfully earned a Master's degree while serving and is about to retire. I would say it has been an adventure, but also a hard life in that he has been in places where he has been under constant mortar attack and has been exposed to chemicals that do serious harm to the body. I am very PROUD of his service.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't your sport.
NudeDude92
Native Resident

Re: Considering The Service

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:50 pm

As a retired Air Force Master Sergeant my advice is it’s the best military service to join if you decide to do so. I worked with the other branches and witnessed their living conditions. The Air Force is the finest in those terms. Of course, if deployed to a war zone life could be tough for all, especially early on. My 18-month tour in Vietnam Nam wasn’t too bad since we did have barracks camp squad tents to sleep in.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Re: Considering The Service

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:11 am

Hey NudeDude, I'll be praying for you as you decide what to do. Any reason why you're considering joining?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer