What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby nudie66 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 pm

When I was growing up, we had a persimmon tree in our backyard. Every single year, my dad would wait 'til he thought they were ripe, then he'd try one. Every single year, he'd run for the kitchen to wash down the bitterness.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:50 am

I find great variation among the wild persimmons. The one's from the tree I was eating start to get ripe early, well before frost, and they loose their astringency very early and are edible while still slightly firm, but others take longer to loose astringency, they have to be to the soft ripe stage before loosing it all, and commonly it's after the first chilly weather come in before they're ready. But for all of them now it's about the end of their season, the last ones are dead ripe and falling. But due to their nature of not being edible until they are very ripe and very soft, it's not a fruit that can be harvested and shipped. So eat em off the tree where they grow and that's about it. Preservation for later isn't too easy either. Can try to separate the sweet pulp from the seeds and either dry it for fruit leather or freeze it. I've thought of coming up with a centrifugal separator to do more quantity. The dried pulp would make delicious fruit leather later. Might try it just to make use of more of them. As I clear more areas and leave the 'simmon trees.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:30 pm

Well I have not posted much lately at all Nor have I had much time or weather to get in much nude time other than a few brief excursions on the occasional warm day or two. However on a few warm days I have had a brief bit of time or two to engage in excursions into my woods as part of the rehab work to get my bone and muscle strength back in my legs as part of the physical therapy to recover from the cancer treatment during which the Hormone (lupron) adversly affected me. It turns out that walking (sometimes barefoot along with other bareness) on a rough field and forest trails is ideal for randomly loading my legs and feet to build things back up. But along with that I got a report of other progress and I present the following excerpt from that report.
The Gist of the Report.JPG
the report is about a page long but this bit caries the gist of it.

That excerpt is a bit technical sounding but stil unstandable by itself. The treatment that worked was external beam radiation paired with Lupron Hormone injections (which last 6 months or more per injection. Lupron itself does not cancer, but after the radiation beats up on the cancer cells they will die if exposed to the lupron, and apparantly they did just that. I got the treatment at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), at their Tulsa facility. I could have gotten the same treatment locally or elsewhere but CTCA was able to schedule it promptly. I was in residence at their Tulsa facility for about a month (It is more like a hotel than a hospital and they could take me immediately and get on with the treatment). My wife would come down on the weekends and we shared the two bedroom apartment they had assigned us to. I took my meals at the cafe in the basement and other therapies, Physical therapy etc., at the various in house suites. as well a couple of excursions to the university hospital, plus one holiday furlough that fell on a weekend. I was in residence for just about a full month, and they did not charge me one red cent but were satisfied with what my blue cross paid. (there is also a great Chicago Pizza place plus other restaurants (eateries to fancy places) within a few miles for when I felt the need to pamper myself and wife (when she drove down on several occasions.) The report I quoted was done back in Missouri in response to my request to verify how much success we had had with the effort. CTCA appears to have done a good job and all at no charge beyond my health insurance. I have to give them very high praise. So far the recovery from the side effects seems to be going very well and consists of some physical therapy (professional and self-devised under professional supervision). As well and successfully as it is going I would never have thought I would get off so low cost and successfully.

I am looking forward to an expectation of several more years of naturist frolicing,...........The next active phase of which should start when spring comes to the ozarks :D :D
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Awesome news....YEAH!!!! :like: :like: :like: :dance: :dance: :dance: :jump: :jump: :jump: Thank you LORD!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:37 am

Definitely great news Bare_Truth. I’m so glad your treatment went so well and you’re able to work on your self-treatment as the weather allows.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 am

Outstanding! I am so glad to hear this news!!

Thank you Father for the healing you have done!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:24 am

RMOlson wrote:Outstanding! I am so glad to hear this news!!

Thank you Father for the healing you have done!

AMEN!
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:56 pm

Thanks for all the positive feed back !!! I am very happy with the outcome so far. Getting my muscle and bone strength back will now become a high priority. The bone strength so that I do not break either one and the muscle strength should rebuild just from using them. Now if the weather doesn't take too long to warm up a bit that will be an encouragement for me to get in a lot of those woods walks across uneven ground because that seems to be the most invigorating and uniformly random to work all the muscles. and If I can do them nude it should prove to be an impetus to keep the walking brisk to keep my body temperature where it needs to be for best effect.
Lots of woods walking should keep me appraised of the budding of the brambles which is important since the brambles produce no substantial amount of edible fruit and they are most readily killed if they are sprayed when they first put out tender shoots. (I of course won't be using Roundup as it Hardly works at all on brambles (in addition to its other undesirable aspects. so I use BRUSH KILLER squirted sparingly on the emerging leaflets on very low wind days, " I say squirted" as I do not want atomize the stuff into a mist that can swiril around to other plants, just on the thorny stuff. a mild steady breeze allows me to precision apply directly to the brambles from up wind and miss everything else, achieving maximum effectiveness with near zero colateral damage. Of course since I do it nude I can easily wash down with my Hot and Cold hose when I get back to the house. (No use taking unnecessary chances with chemical control techniques. Alas the thorny brambles stay sharp for a few years even though they are dead. I also will attack wild rose plants If I find any but the brambles are the real problem because they will remain present for at least a couple years after dead. I wish I could find a non chemical mode of attacking the brambles that would also kill the roots but nothing I have found is effective in this rocky soil, or that will work harmlessly close to tree roots. without killing or stunting the trees, Also I have to be careful to not spray galvanized metal (e.g. fence wire) because the brush killers are pretty much a slight bit acedic but it is enough to remove the galvanizing zinc from fenc wire. A heavy growth of brambles will remain a thorny mess for several years after it is killed but I find I can pretty much remember where those are and avoid them until they rot away. But they take a while if you want to go barefoot anywhere near where they were growing because the thorns will still be present, even sometimes in the soil.

Just an additional note on applying a thorn killing herbicide in an otherwise natural growing environment. A thin stream in mild breeze conditions can be applied from10 feet away upwind and can be fairly precisely applied and takes very little if applied to emerging foliage. However where you have to go to get a good downwind shot is likely to be in a tick laden area so apply tick repellent to yourself but also to shoes and your feet. I have found that applying the lemon eucalyptus to both shoe and foot soles is particularly valuable (barefoot or shod), as stepping on a tick is one way that easily picks them up, I have experimented with ticks by lightly touching them and they can do a manouvre in which they grasp your skin and do a trapeze like swing up to get a hold and then crawl around to the top of your shoe or foot before searching for a particular tender spot to dig in and start injecting venom to digest what they can of you. After they have made a meal of you and created an intensly itchy sore. particularly the itch can be suppressed very effectively by applying a styptic pencil to the wound. A styptic pencil is made to stop a wound from bleeding, such as a razor nick, or when trimming your dog's toenails and are commonly available at Wal-Mart in the mens shaving or pet care supplies. The work best on open tick bites that are bleeding or oozing when it comes to stopping the itch. One styptic pencil will last all summer unless a horde of ticks have made a meal of you. The pencil also seems to be antiseptic. If you wish to apply this technique to your cat .............Wear Leather Gloves..... The cat WON'T like it or understand that you mean no harm and only kindness very much and may retaliate :roll: :duh:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

First nude woods walk of 2020

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:48 pm

71 degrees F and a thin overcast finally made for a day when I could really enjoy a naked walk in the :D woods .

I think most of you nay have seen my recent post about how favorable my recent lab test have indicated that been very favorable as to my cancer treatment and the apparant absence of cancer from my body and however I am now trying to recover from the side effects of treatment and how the biggest problem I am having currently is recovering from the hormone treatment with the hormone "LUPRON" which causes weakening of the bone (via "osteo-porosis" and also loss of muscle strentth" The primary treatment for the loss of muscle strength being physical therapy exercises. And how I discovered the the recovery of leg strenth is most greatly aided by walking in my fields and woods. so I was greatly encouraged when the weather was 71 F today and the cloud cover was so thin that there was palpable warmth when walking outdoors nude. My property measuring 1/4 mile deep by 1/8 mile wide, the path I took crossed both the length of my property and the width also making this afternoon's walk about a mile and a half all told. As the paths meander across the fields and woods, perhaps it was a bit more. The irregular surface, (especially in the field), really works the legs. It is cool enough that the ticks are not out yet, and the breeze was light and greatly dissapated along the woodland trails. Or to put it suscinctly a most pleasant afternoon stroll especially for a afternoon in Early February. Not to mention that the pond has thawed, most of the mud has dried and little or no mud needed to be scraped from my shoes when I returned. My attire sufficed nicely even though (or especially because), it consisted of a pair of canvas slip on shoes, A blaze orange hunting "baseball cap" and a large smile.

While I was getting ready to leave the house, I still was wearing my thick fuzzy bathrobe which my wife made fore me, and she happened to ask what I was doing and she asked me what I was planning on doing and I replied "I am going for a woods walk" She asked", Are you going like that? and I replied, "More or less! and she smiled a bit as she caught my inuendo in the word "less" and my reply satisfied her that she had no worry about me getting any mud smeared into the knap of the fabric of the robe. and she would probably see it hanging on the peg by the basement door if she happened to go down there. The slight breeze out was not cool enouth to bother evenwhen crossing the back yard and the 3 acre field to get to the gate where the woodland trails enter the woods at the gate across the open field. Once into the woods the thick woods virtually eliminated the breeze at least down to a level that there was no real sensation of conditions needing any clothing for the conditions of the day. It made for a first Nude day woods walk. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bare Truth.

P.S. The exercise of the walk was far more beneficial and enjoyable than the multiple machines in the P.T. room in town at the hospital complex.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Thanks for sharing your first nude walk of the year with us. It's encouraging to know the side effects of the treatment are being taken care of, and won't be affecting you much longer! Continued good health to you, Bare_Truth. Our Healer has proven Himself again.

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 pm

I too have had a little bout with illness. My wife was thinking along the lines of stroke or heart problems but I think it was just an infection. The ER doctors said no sign or head or heart problems but did suggest blood sugar levels may have been an influence. My wife takes good care of me and has me on a low carb diet of meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts with an occasional treat of a gluten-free muffin. Also, have resumed the gym work of pumping iron two or three times a week.

About that cat
If you wish to apply this technique to your cat .............Wear Leather Gloves..... The cat WON'T like it or understand that you mean no harm and only kindness very much and may retaliate
My recommendation is to use your leather welding gloves, leather sleeves and apron, and approach the cat from behind with soothing words. The soothing words will not last and it will be a contest of wills, just remember that you are stronger than the cat. A helper in the same attire will help too.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism