Is it realy acceptable?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Is it realy acceptable?

Postby Kaalvoetpoena » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:44 pm

The question I am often faced with as a Christian that is a naturist/nudist is if it is acceptable in any way? Now as a Pastor, and a Theologian, I have read all other views on it.But the point is this...nudity is not sin as such...but how that you steward your nudity, that is where the issue is.

We as Christians have a responsibility and an accountability to God for what we do with our bodies in particular. Our responsibility is that of living a sanctified life...But can nudity be sanctified at all? Yes, simply put, because we belong to Christ and are His followers, his blood has sanctified us, and because we are partakers of that blood, we are sanctified, but this is the issue. Who controls your naturist mind, or is it a naturist mind at all?

It is not a naturist/nudist mind...the mind I have as Christian is the mind of Christ....1 Cor.2:19.Now that is the difference...who controls this mind I have, and to whom is it yielded.

When yielding my body to His sanctification, I yield all of it...not just the reasoning part. He controls my mind, and that mind is to be focussed on Christ. What people seem to do is to always point to everything assumed concerning nudity and presuppositions within scripture, but not scripture itself. Because man sinned in a naked state, that did not make nakedness the sin...man was after sinning found naked, as he had stepped out of the glory and protection and covering of God. That was why he was afraid. Now man no longer had God's covering. He was truly naked now! God made clothes for them...correct...not because being naked was a sin...but as a type of Jesus that through his blood would become our ultimate covering.

Christ expresses himself as a judge, nurse, doctor, mechanic, athlete, teacher, soldier...why not as a nudist? Nudity as a sin is linked to what is outwardly and whereto nudity is applied, used or abused. That makes the doer of what is wrong the sin and sinner...not the nudity as such. Nudity is just the tool they use to gratify their lustful deeds...but that does not make nakedness a sin!

We must separate as Christians, the state of nudity from what is done with and through unhealthy nudity! If being naked is wrong, shameful and evil, then walking barefoot is sinful and evil as well!

We need to renew our mind to what it is being nude.Yes..it is the genitals being exposed...that is inherently what "nude" means in praxis...but what makes the exposed genitals any different to exposed hands and bare feet?

When we sanctify our bodies to Christ...it is all of my body...including my genitals and what I do, with my body...That is important.

Because some Christians prefer to be a naturist/nudist, and do things naked...does that make them greater sinners? Some argue that though we are fallen, sin will take opportunity of our nudity...yes, but from whom? Who is at fault here, the nudist going naturally and socially naked, or the one that misinterprets nudity as lustful and whom sees nudity in another light than just merely...normal?

When I as a Christian am sanctified to Christ...and a nudist Christian at that...my whole being is sanctified to Christ...including my nudity.

In conclusion, nudity or being naked is not the sin, and never was, but the sin of nudity is propagated by the one who has the wrong and unhealthy sexual view of nudity...and uses their nudity for gratification of desires and lusts...and not to honour God.
Kaalvoetpoena
New Comer

Re: Is it realy acceptable?

Postby natman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Kaalvoetpoena,

Welcome to the Village and thank you for your well-reasoned post.

It is good to hear (read) the thoughts of a pastor on the subject of Christian-naturism.

The Bible NEVER declares the nude human body as "bad" or "sinful". In fact, when God had finished His creation, before Adam and Eve had stitch on, God declared that all He had created was not only "good", but "VERY GOOD". Further, when approaching God, God appears to have a problem with clothing as He tells Moses to remove his sandals from his feet when he is standing on "Holy Ground" and several of the prophets go about nude and lie prostate in the nude while propesying.

The clear view that I get is that God is not put out with our nude bodies. However, He is put out with some of the things we DO with our nude bodies, some of which is done even without being totally nude. A great amount of immorality occurs while fully clothed, and is, in fact, enhanced by certain clothing.

Thank you for your post.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:10 pm

To both of you, well said. Now how do we get these messages into a larger main-stream audience?

How many times does the media focus on a nude criminal's nudity instead of the crime?
Why is anyone without clothing immediately suspect of terrible deeds?
How many people are stuck on the religious non-issue?
I do not have answers to these questions, but find it interesting to see people squirm when I try to pin them down as to exactly what their problem is. Mostly they just evade the issue.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:34 am

Great thoughts from each of you. Ask a person what is wrong with nudity and once you get beyond points about lust very likely their response will be something lie...”it just is” because they simply have no real answers.

Kaalvoetpoena (a very interesting and unusual name, at least in my experience, let me also say welcome and to the village. I look forward tk your very reasoned and level headed remarks.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 pm

I am sure that the one verse in the Bible that Christians point to, to "prove" that nudity is wrong would be 1 Corinthians 12:23. https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/12-23.htm
But notice that although dozens of different versions of the translation are listed on that webpage, none of them mention any specific part of the body.

My thoughts on this verse? When we become familiar with what the Bible says about different topics, we should recognize when passages are a commentary on life at the time of its writing, and when it's a command from the Lord. Yes, we believe all Scripture is breathed by God. We should also know when we are reading a command vs. a snapshot of daily life from the era.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?