Games have been added

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Games have been added

Postby Webmaster » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:49 pm

Okay, after some Q&A with the staff members we decided to add some games to the site. Right now there's only one, but I will be adding more as time goes on.

To play a game click on the link at the top of the page. You will be taken to another screen with a list of categories. Choose the category you want (when I have them set up) and then choose a game.

Playing games will cost you blessings, but if you get the high score you'll earn blessings in return. :D

Keep checking back to see what new games have been added. If you have suggestions for games send a PM to me and I'll see what I can find.

Have fun!

WM
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby MatthewNeal » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:01 pm

All I get is

Sorry, but the Activities are currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Matt
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:52 pm

Same here.
LivingFree

Postby scurtis » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:48 am

No games here either.
Sam (the 2nd one)

God must have a sense of humor, He made me.
scurtis
Councillor

Postby Webmaster » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:56 am

Okay, I amde a small goof, but it's fixed now. You should be able to get into it now.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Re: Games have been added

Postby Webmaster » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Webmaster wrote:Okay, after some Q&A with the staff members we decided to add some games to the site. Right now there's only one, but I will be adding more as time goes on.

To play a game click on the link at the top of the page. You will be taken to another screen with a list of categories. Choose the category you want (when I have them set up) and then choose a game.

Playing games will cost you blessings, but if you get the high score you'll earn blessings in return. :D

Keep checking back to see what new games have been added. If you have suggestions for games send a PM to me and I'll see what I can find.

Please note that the SA and I will be working with a member to train for the moderator/monitor position for the games section only. This person will not have any moderating abilities in the forums, but will be watching the games area only to ensure everything is working correctly and that members are able to access the without problems.

Have fun!

WM
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby alternate » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Great idea, but I wish it was working. :?
alternate
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, alternate, nobody to speak of was playing the games, so we un-added them. :(
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jude700 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Failed to even know the games were here :argh: :duh:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Webmaster » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm

It would be a simple thing to add them back in again, but there was no activity on the games and it was just taking up space.

If enough people want the games added in again it can be done, but, to be honest and not meaning to be rude, I'm not going to spend the time to put them in again if they're not going to be used.
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby Jayman77 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 am

I would play them If you put them in.
Jayman77
Resident

Postby clberry » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm

im new to the site and i guess im a slow learner but i dont see the like to the game page. i could use a little help
clberry
Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Looks like games were posted 4 1/2 years ago and you've just stumbled upon a very old conversation about their subsequent removal.

There are lots of javascript-based games out there, some for playing online and some free games available for download.

If you like old-time arcade style games, you are in luck. Folks love to recreate them just for the programming practice and then offer them freely.

I've seen the DOS version of Prince of Persia out there. It's a classic from the late 80's.
Although I didn't know about it until a few years later.

I like scavenger hunt type games such as Myst and Riven.
There is a free sequel to it called Uru.
You can waste hours and hours roaming around in those caves trying to find treasures of one sort or another.

It's not exactly a game, but there is a nudist section of the virtual world, Second Life and some folks have even held nudist Christian worship services on a regular basis in that section.

So in a nutshell, there are games a-plenty out there, many of them free, just not here on this forum.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Questions about this website